I am a passionate professional software engineer and web developer with five plus years of experience, seeking a challenging and fun position with career growth potential. I am a cutting edge developer that strives to refine applications for usability and maintainability using Object Oriented design principles.
Skills & Proficiency
Git and Gerrit
HTML and CSS
SCSS and Sass
Ruby on Rails
C and C++
ASP.net and C#, VB.NET
- Perform Kubernetes infrastructure maintenance, manage infrastructure services, perform Kubernetes version upgrades.
- Maintain Ruby on Rails application to manage broadcast infrastructure, manage equipment inventories, file FCC paperwork and provision equipment.
- Migrate legacy applications from dedicated servers to AWS ECS.
- Migrate legacy applications to Kubernetes, enhance with self healing features.
- Maintain application for real time audio continuity monitoring, make sure we are not broadcasting silence.
- Design plan for AWS account migration, move to infrastructure as code.
- Migrate audio over IP monitoring application to Kubernetes, we need to process the real time multicast traffic.
- Develop stories for Day 0/2 cloud installation UI. Cross product integration. IPv6 compatibility.
- Develop automation for Kubernetes installation in libvirt vagrant environment.
- Research and contribute to community next generation life cycle manager user interface.
- Backport security fixes for various packages into SLE.
- Maintain Ruby on Rails application to manage broadcast infrastructure.
- Resolve issues related to integrating with third party vendor applications and equipment.
- Automate audits of field hardware configuration to reveal misconfigurations automatically.
- Triage and resolve issues related to field hardware and configuration.
- I implemented a system to deploy applications to AWS ECS infrastructure.
- I implemented a system to continuously destroy and recreate infrastructure nodes weekly to ensure OS patches are properly installed.
- Implement monitoring system that collects time serries data using PostgreSQL and Telegraf.
- I implemented a command line interface for configuring backend resources, managing project deployment, update process and development server.
- Using new AWS Lambda I implemented a user facing API services and resources.
- Implemented a highly configurabe backend to automate the deployment of static websites based on office documents.
- Implemented low latency system to track user interactions with API for purposes of tiered service levels.
- I implemented a multi-product focused build system using Node.js and Gulp, deployed on Linux. This enabled my team and I to deliver distinct sets of plugins for multiple products. Each product may have a slightly different set of features and functionality based on included plugins, which also enabled multiple teams to deliver independent and disjoint plugins without conflict.
- On a daily bases used KVM virtualization to stand up cloud on six or more VMs with several virtual networks.
- Using Python deployed on Linux I implemented a system that can deliver plugins post install; these optional packages can provide both back end plugins and front end plugins to deliver additional functionality.
- Implemented many content pages for OpenStack services to manage back end resources and report cloud infrastructure health.
- Used Angular, SCSS and CSS3 to implement dashboards with drag and drop.
- Followed agile and Scrum software development methodology.
- Using Xcode and Objective-C added features to an existing iOS application; using Java and the Play Framework add features to existing back end API used in the iOS app.
- I migrated back end service from Amazon AWS to HP Cloud using Puppet and Linux as a new web ops deployment scheme.
- Started a new augmented reality app for Android and iOS, building data driven link functionality that enables users to unlock hidden data in image watermarks.
- Started a new portal using Ember.js and Ruby on Rails for customer data creation and management, enabling users to link digital content to printed media using watermarks.
- Utilized mostly pair programming and followed agile software development methodology.
- I automated a factory quality assurance process, using ASP.net and jQuery implemented a UI that enables the QA engineer to set quality parameters for families of products.
- I used PL/SQL(Oracle stored procedures) to implement an automated job that takes the quality parameters and validates completed work orders of products. Rewrote a multi-nested SQL query that was used to find work orders in the same family for comparison.
- Systems Architecture: Processor design and system design. Low level application development.
- Networking (Intro and Advanced): Familiarity with NAT, TCP/IP, DHCP, Cisco IOS configuration, Routing (BGP, RIP) and VLANs.
- Software Engineering and Software Engineering tools: Agile and Scrum methodologies and tools to facilitate engineering process.
- Assembly Language Programming: 68K assembly programming, interrupts and hardware stack management.
- Compiler Design (C++): Advanced Object oriented design to assist in runtime execution.
- Programs and Algorithms II (C++): Linked lists, stacks, inheritance, priority queues, and elementary trees.
- Object-Oriented Data Structures (C++): AVL tree, B+ tree, heaps, quick sort, hash tables, graphs
- Programming for Engineers (C++), Digital Logic and Design
- Calculus A, B & C, Differential Equations, Physics (Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism).